Should you use a removals company I The Property Fox Leicester
Posted on 27th January 2022
In all likelihood, you have just bought a home and are getting ready to move.
The prospect of packing up your life into boxes is daunting - but there's no need to fret!
This guide aims to help you find reliable removal companies near you , while giving advice on how to make moving day less stressful for everyone involved.
Before you start you may want to consider hiring a removals company which collects and delivers your goods - rather than man & van services.
If you are moving within the UK or internationally, once you've found your removals company, they will need to know the following:
- The size of your property (to ensure that everything you bought fits in your new home)
- The number of flights of stairs at the start and end locations
- If you will require parking upon arrival (to ensure that there is enough room for the removals van to pull up outside your house, without causing issues with neighbours)
- Whether or not any of your items are fragile/vulnerable (to ensure that they are handled with care)
- If you have any items which may need to be stored temporarily, along the way (for example, if you're moving house from a small town to a university town for an internship or new job).
Removals companies will also ask for a few days notice before your move - this is so they can allocate their vans and employees as efficiently as possible.
Generally, if you're willing to pay a little extra for the assurance that your items will arrive safely and on time, it is worth hiring a removals company instead of man & van services. There is one specific instance where we would recommend checking out man with a van quotes - if you are moving in the same day as someone else, in order to save on costs!
If you are hiring a removals company, be sure to ask if they provide storage facilities. If they do not, then it is also worth asking whether or not any of your items will need to be stored temporarily along the way. If you are moving, for example, to a new town for an internship or new job - it may be the case that your items will need to be stored before you move into your final destination. The following instances would require the use of storage facilities:
- You're moving to London from somewhere in southern England (or vice versa) and your final destination is in London
- You're moving to a different country entirely (for whatever reason) and you've decided that this move will require storage facilities
If none of your items are fragile/vulnerable, you may want to consider hiring a single-man removal company for the day. This would save you money, while still allowing you to have a helping hand when moving. If they also offer to drive the van, they may be able to move your items from storage onto the van and then into your new home - thus saving you money on any additional transport costs.
Moving day is stressful enough without worrying that your household items will arrive safely at their destination! If you are hiring a removals company, ask them about their safety record . This way you can have peace of mind that your items will arrive on time and in the same condition as when they left. Be sure to also ask what insurance options are available - just in case something does go wrong!
Moving day is a big step for anyone - you will likely be excited to start your new life in a new home. Make sure that you tell your removals team when they arrive, so that they can set themselves up without worrying about you. This way, they'll have more time to help you with the heavy lifting!
If you would like any further information, or any reccomendations, contact us!
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
Brilliant, we will be more than happy to speak with you and see how we can help further.
Contact us on one of the methods with any queries that you may have, or use our contact form and we will be back in touch very soon!
Please fill in the form below and a member of our team will contact you shortly
Share this post: