Should I Sell My Property as Furnished or Unfurnished? I The Property Fox Leicester
Posted on 14th September 2022
When you are selling a property, one of the decisions you have to make is whether to sell it furnished or unfurnished.
In the past, it was generally agreed that selling a property furnished would result in a higher sale price.
However, times have changed and now many people already have furniture when they buy a property.
Additionally, if the buyer wants specific furniture or items from the house, it is possible to sort this out outside of the housing transaction.
The estate agent can help with this negotiation process and make sure everything goes smoothly.
You can also market this in the listing to let potential buyers know what is included in the sale.
Reasons for people wanting a furnished property may be that:
* they are downsizing and don't want the hassle or expense of buying new furniture
* they are moving for work and need a furnished place to live while they look for something more permanent
* they are students or young professionals who don't have their own furniture yet.
Reasons for people not looking for a furnished property may include:
* they already have their own furniture
* they want to be able to personalize the space with their own style
* they don't need or want the extra expense of buying someone else's furniture.
In the end, it is up to you to decide whether to sell your property furnished or unfurnished.
Consider your unique situation and what would work best for you.
If you have any questions or need help making a decision, don't hesitate to ask your estate agent for guidance. They will be happy to assist you however they can.
If you would like more information then please feel free to contact us today!
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
Brilliant, we will be more than happy to speak with you and see how we can help further.
Contact us on one of the methods with any queries that you may have, or use our contact form and we will be back in touch very soon!
Please fill in the form below and a member of our team will contact you shortly
Tagged as: Thinking about selling?
Share this post: